Monday, March 14, 2011

Finally Free!

Yes its true I am finally out of the office haha, as of right now like I said I am in Cañada Garay which is a place that is just a little bit insane. Its been closed for a few months now for a couple of reasons. One of the reasons being that a missionary got in a fight with a member and because its super ghetto out here and the missionaries have been robbed a lot haha its pretty fun. President gave me the special assignment to open this area back up which doesn't have lunch appointments, a house, service for our phone, AIR, no one to wash clothes, or inv I guess you could say we are starting from scratch. Its been quite the adventure but I am loving every minute of the pain and suffering I am going through haha. Now a little bit about my companion, his name is Elder Soto and he is from Argentina. I also got the assignment to babysit again, he just barely got in trouble for doing some disobedient things but I love the kid he is great and I am helping him to work hard and not waste his time. I was hoping to have a junior comp that would be pushing me to work my last change but its all good I am working extremely hard and I am having to put in more effort to stay focused. The members out here are super happy to have us here but of course there are a few that still think missionaries are bad and what not but we are trying to do service and do visits with everyone so that they will like us haha. i truly love the people here and i can see it being one of my favorite areas. We had a miracle bringing someone to church because this whole week has been insane trying to find where the members live and having to look for inv. I am working the hardest I have ever worked and more and I know that the lord will bless my comp and I with success! I hope everyone is doing great! Oh yeah crazy news elder Lucas went home because his knee wasn't getting any better, Also the sleeping bag, and hammock will be getting sent home this week. I don't think it will get there for 2 months haha. I love you guys! Dad thanks for always making me trunky with the whole fast Sunday count down haha. Stay happy and tell Jim and Lil that ill be praying for them! don't be scared to open your mouth and talk to them about the gospel. Let them know that this might be a sign from god telling them that they need to listen to the missionaries. Don't be scared of what they say, if you don't ever talk to them about it the answer is already NO. Love Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment